Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Book Survey

Hey, guys!  I found this over at my good friend Mindy's blog (www.mindytrue.wordpress.com), and thought I'd go ahead and do it too, book-lover that I am!
Author you’ve read the most books from: I think this would honestly probably be Anne M. Martin.  I was obsessed with the Baby Sitter's Club Little Sister books when I was 8 & 9.  That, or Lurlene McDaniel (Sixteen and Dying, etc.) as a pre-teen. 
Best Sequel Ever: You know, I'm not really one that's into series that much--I guess Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Currently Reading: Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
Drink of Choice While Reading: Same as my drink of choice whilst doing anything: Diet Coke.
E-reader or Physical Book? Physical book.  Though, I do love my Nook and its convenience.
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: Gonna stick with Mindy on this one and say a male Nicholas Sparks character.
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I haven't read all of the HP books, but I did like this one, and I'm sure I'll read them all someday.
Hidden Gem Book: Seven Types of Ambiguity by Elliot Perlman. 
Important Moment in your Reading Life: The House of Mirth.  I finished it in the bathtub my Freshman year of high school, and I just started sobbing.  I would go on to write a 60 page honors thesis about the novel.
Just Finished: Divergent by Veronica Roth.
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: Don't really care for non-fiction that much, unless it's something I'm already interested in.  Not really a fan of mysteries or science fiction, either.
Longest Book You’ve Read: Not including poetry: Seven Types of Ambiguity (640 pages).
Major book hangover because of: Seven Types of Ambiguity.  It took me so long to read this book (I mean, years) because it kept getting to me--it was too poignant and powerful.  So, when I finally finished, I was taken aback.
Number of Bookcases You Own: One giant one, and one little one.  We also need more.
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: The House of Mirth.
Preferred Place To Read: In the bathtub.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feelings from a book you’ve read: "We either forgive one another who we really are / or not."
Reading Regret: Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski I hated, hated, haaaated this book.  I didn't actually finish it, but I hated the fact I even bought it and attempted to read it.
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series): Matched series, I guess.  Though... I don't know if I need to finish.
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books: Seven Types of Ambiguity (I'm sure you saw that one coming) by Elliot Perlman, The House of Mirth (and that one) by Edith Wharton, and Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt.
Unapologetic Fangirl For: Cinna in The Hunger Games.
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: The next Elliot Perlman release, I guess.
Worst Bookish Habit: I stockpile books. I currently have about 15 books waiting to be read. Might be a bit obsessive. Or prepared, depending on how you look at it. (Going to keep Mindy's answer here, as I also do this).
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: Why We Broke Up by Mark Handler.
Your latest book purchase: I Could Chew On This (and other poems by dogs).
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.

1 comment:

  1. 'Seven Types of Ambiguity' has been on my Goodreads to-read shelf forever, after your remarks about it here, I'm going to have to buy it now!

    ReplyDelete